Wednesday, January 8

New Year, New Plans!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173173086/2014-gold-dots-calendar?

The New Year is upon us and we are all feeling an extra BOOST of energy to make big plans, challenging goals, get our life in order and attempt to establish new habits that we think will make our lives better.

I'm feeling the excitement, too! My husband, Ben, and I have made all kinds of goals...working out, eating healthy, saving for a house of our own, etc! And it is SO easy to get so excited about all of these new ambitions that we can easily forget to consult with the Creator of the Universe: GOD! What does HE want us to do?

As we go into this New Year, yes it's important to establish goals and plans. But as Christians, we are to prayerfully go about making these decisions.

Before I even began making a goal list, I spent about two or three hours in prayer, just asking what God would have me do this year, that He would give me peace about different decisions, etc. I'm not saying you have to spend that much time, but it certainly doesn't hurt. :)

In the silence of just being in God's presence and Word, you begin to develop peace about certain things, and new God-honoring goals you would've never thought of on your own come into your mind. Write those down!

Anything that is good and beneficial to your walk with Christ, aligns with His Word and glorifies God is FROM God. A few things He placed on my heart was to (1) join an exercise class and befriend a lost person and share Jesus with them and (2) Be a sponsor for one of the youth trips at my church this summer.
Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. Proverbs 16:3
The heart of a man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9
On the topic of planning, I invite you to check out my Etsy shop. I have a $2 calendar download that is designed with gold dots, beautiful script and functional in serving as your everyday planning calendar! You get 12 pages for each month. And best of all, each month has a different encouraging Bible verse from the ESV Bible. The picture above is an example of the calendar being used.

Happy planning and goal setting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment