Tuesday, January 14

Making Time for Your Best Friend

Being silly is what we do. #matchingjackets #bonnieclyde #dannyandsandy #benandsydnee
In the midst of this crazy life, you need to make sure that you guard and protect your time with your husband. I feel like I keep seeing married couples who don't really mind being away from each other all the time. Now it may just be that they let on like they don't care or they really just don't value spending lots of time together.

I feel like I'm often alone on this topic. Maybe it's because Ben and I dated long distance and never had a normal dating period of time before we got married. I'm not sure. But still, I'm pretty sure that wanting to hang out with your husband a lot is a good thing. :)

For us, life can get REALLY busy really fast. With both of us being in ministry, we have to give the majority of our time to other people. Being a graphic designer, I'm more behind the scenes, but Ben is on the front lines when it comes to ministry. He's teaching kids, interacting with them, going to all the youth events – all in attempt to win more young people to Christ. And I 100% support him in that. I try to be right there alongside him when I can, but there are times when I can't because I also have my job to do.

Working at the same church, Ben and I have the privilege of going to work together 5 days out of the 6 day work week. It's GREAT. We share a desk. We collaborate over ideas, agree to disagree on design techniques, teach each other new things (because he's also a graphic designer), and go to lunch together. And while that may seem like a lot of time, we STILL want more. But just time to focus on each other–not to be preoccupied with other things. Ben's my best friend and we just love being together. And I think that's a very good thing. :)

But I also do believe in a space too, but not too much. We need (ideally) an hour or so to spend completely alone with the Lord first and foremost. But for me, if I have too much space all day or all week, I fall into my old habits of being completely independent. And I don't like being that way, and I know I'm not supposed to. Ben and I have also noticed that when we are away from each other for too long, we start getting in arguments all because we're frustrated that we couldn't be with each other more. It's really quite ridiculous. So our best option, most of the time, is to just stick together. We're a pair! We don't like to be separated. :)

So with that being said, go make time for your husband (if you have one) and have FUN! And enjoy that time while you can because life is just SO short! So be sweet and love each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment